Our areas of expertise include:
- relationship issues
- transitional issues
(divorce, death, new job)
- food issues
- stress management
We offer four forms of pyschotherapy:
- Individual therapy – in person or over the phone. Read more here.
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
We also offer workshops and are available for public speaking.
Treatment Modalities and Therapeutic Techniques
We use a variety of therapeutic techniques. You always have a choice in whether you wish to experience a particular technique.
Here is a list of some of the techniques used:
- Behavioral techniques: assertiveness training, relaxation training, behavior modification, positive reinforcement, cognitive re-structuring
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Visualization techniques
- Stress management techniques
- Creative techniques: letter writing, journaling, playing the piano, use of art materials
- Psychological testing: MMPI, Myer-Briggs, Strong Campbell, Kuder, etc.
- “Experiments” – trying out new behaviors/actions and observing what happens
- Exercises, including (but not limited to): centering, grounding, boundaries, communication